The IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program was developed to address the growing concern that, at a young age, girls are discouraged from careers in mathematics, science, and engineering.
This educational outreach program promotes involvement of IEEE members with local junior high and high schools in order to create a positive image of engineering careers.
Through a one-to-one interaction between society volunteers and a Student-Teacher Team, STAR’s aim is to create a technical support network for teachers and a mentoring program for students.
We are pleased to announce this year’s Smart Project for STAR program main challenge which is to promote Online Education in Tunisia.
Your mission is to come up with the way to fulfill the challenge according to the guideline/Tips :
1. The program must be a session or a series of sessions, one or multiple projects / workshops that can promote and improve Online Education in Tunisia by familiarizing teachers with the new tools and methods.
2. This year’s Edition is reserved for teachers
3. Participations that succeed to establish a sustainable program will get a bonus.
4. Participants pitch their program in a short video that must contain the feedback of the teachers and how the program helped them in their online courses.
5. Video is 4 minutes long.
6. A minimum editing is preferred.
7. This competition is eligible to IEEE WIE Tunisia Student Affinity groups. Typically a team is composed of a team leader and a couple or three participants (WIE student members).
8. Language: essentially English and some Arabic words are permitted.
9. Deadline December the 11th 23:59:00 ( not extendable).